My name is Orsi Horváth, I was born in Budapest, I graduated there at the University of Fine Arts and a few years later I decided to continue my education in art in Leipzig at the Academy of Visual Arts. I got my "Meisterschüler" degree in 2014. I lived and worked in Leipzig for an additional four years. Recently I moved back to Budapest.
Achievements & Goals
- Creating a steady practice and career, and keep on making and thinking about art
Genre & Style
- I try to establish a visual system, in which photo based realism, digital images and expressive, gestural, non photo based painting is in balance and complete each other. I believe that it is an important aim because the evidence of photography as the dominating presentation of reality, has to be questioned. I find it important not to completely break up with realism.
Inspiration & Vision
- Colours, sunny days, cars, reflections, people
Sales & Trajectory
- Already sold works
- Financed through art sales, stipends, grants and occasional work as a restaurator's assistant
Technique & Material
- I usually paint on canvas with oil, but I ocassionally experiment with textile paint, spray paint and satin