Andrew Pierre Hart was born an lives in London - A graduate of the BA Fine Art course at the Chelsea College of Art, 2017 & MA Painting at the Royal College of Art, 2017-19.
My practice is multi-disciplinary based in painting, the main focus of my work is the symbiotic relationship between sound and painting. My practice is an ongoing rhythmic research and play of improvised and spontaneous generative processes, through various mediums: sound, video, performance, found object and image, language, photography and installation.
My mutating practice questions the myriad formalities and dialogues around painting and the issues around this medium including identity, pictorial space, subjective experience and context and my obsession with the circle. All of this is translated through the action of play and experimentation a new wave expanded painting.
I have shown widely in London where I have performed in various art-based sound events. My work is included in permanent collections such as the Chelsea College of Art, Yamamoto Keiko Rochaix Gallery, Hogan Lovell Collection London and private collections in China, Holland and the UK.
Purchase artwork by Andrew Pierre Hart
Achievements & Goals
- Getting to the RCA as a mature self-taught artist
- Working on 2 Larry Achiampong films to be released in 2019
Genre & Style
- Rhythmic hues usually in blue
Inspiration & Vision
- The world around me, people, conversations, problems in the world, interesting practices
- I'm really into the circle as a from that has so many ways of thinking through it
- To paint & make sound and share
Sales & Trajectory
- Selling work
Technique & Material
- Oil on canvas, mixed media, video, sound, performance