I am Danni Pantel. I grew up in Erlangen and moved to Berlin eight years ago. I work professionally as an artist since 2016. I share a studio space with my friend Theresa Volpp in Pankow. I had a little show at Alex Duve's new gallery space at his private opening in November 2018. In June I had a show in Ibiza where the other half of my family lives. I try to spend as much time painting in Ibiza as well but Berlin will stay my base.
After my Abitur I worked for several Start Ups in Hamburg and Berlin. Then I decided to study business. After a few years I just missed painting too much so I decided to take a gap semester just to paint. And then I never went back to doing anything else. I organized some shows with friends on my own. Then I met Anna Lüpertz and Markus Keibel, then Alexander Duve. They turned out to be close friends and important mentors for me. I had my first big solo show at Galerie Duve Berlin in November 2017 and Alex Duve and me are still working together as agent and artist.
Purchase artwork by Danni Pantel
Achievements & Goals
- I am proud of my decision to move away from my safety plan to study business to fully commit to my art.
- I am very grateful for everything that happened in the past three years and I hope that also in the future I can spend as much time possible painting.
- I would love to live and work in LA or in New York for a time. I just need to save up some money for that first.
Genre & Style
- I paint abstract works, am very interested in material, form and color and their interplay.
- As I express a lot of my thoughts and feelings in my rather intuitive work, maybe you could call it expressionist.
Inspiration & Vision
- Everything around me, my everyday life, stories, energies, emotions, dreams, nature
Sales & Trajectory
- Self-financed through selling work and working little side jobs
Technique & Material
- Oil, charcoal, graphit, acrylic, lacquer, spray paint