I'm an artist living and working in London. I'm half Italian, quarter Chinese and quarter Danish, but I grew up in London all my life. I completed a BA in Fine Art at the Slade School of Fine Art, graduating in 2016 and an MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art, graduating in 2018. I decided to become an artist when I became aware that the things I was looking at were called 'art' and that the things I made could participate and have an active dialogue with these objects and images. That was really exciting to me.
Purchase artwork by India Nielsen
Achievements & Goals
- Tom Sachs said it - "The best reward for good work is more work"
Genre & Style
- I don't have a style. Each painting really does its own thing and has its own identity. For that reason why my work is often considered difficult to categorise
- I find the idea of finding a style and then reproducing it over and over again quite artificial and not truly reflective of the world around us
Inspiration & Vision
- Our cultural and visual history
- Other artists such as Martin Kippenberger, Vito Acconci, Saul Steinberg, Oyvind Fahlstrom, Albert Oehlen, Sigmar Polke, Francis Picabia, Charline von Heyl, Amy Sillman, Peter Saul, Tom Sachs, Adam Savage, Lee Lozano, Cady Noland, Jutta Koether, Carlo Crivelli, Sassetta, Philip Guston, Adalbert Trillhaase, Dali, Immendorff, Hito Steyerl, R. Stevie Moore, John Waters, Wilhelm Sasnal, Donald Glover…
Sales & Trajectory
- Already sold works
- Self-financed through a partial bursary from the Royal College of Art. Now I've graduated I'm supporting myself with a job
Technique & Material
- I use a range of techniques and materials
- What I really want is to make work that is new and surprising to me so I always try and challenge myself by trying new things