I am fascinated in in the way we, as humans, live in and fill space(s), both physical and psychological. Space has the capacity, through distortion, to become intellective; as the viewer steps into my paintings, the paint reaches back out to the viewer, fusing and separating in tandem.
Fleshy creatures smear across the canvas, their surroundings extensions of themselves. Enclosing a hive of information, the domestic home is suggestive of the occupier, filled with objects that allude a past, present and future, exposing certain elements and concealing others. Blissfully unaware of the outside world, the figures unknowingly become part of the furniture; they begin to merge.
My interest and understanding of bodily presence/absence and its relationship to consciousness, has drawn my interest to philosophical movements such as phenomenology, existentialism and themes such as alienation. The spaces I paint are not physical, but emotional, manifested through depth and sensation, reflected in us as domesticated beings.
Selected Exhibitions & Awards
2019: Art Pegazs Taste of Life Award
2019 : Bargehouse OXO Tower Wharf, London
- Award winner
- Internationally exhibited
Achievements & Goals
- Living and creating art in Chongqing, China for 3 months, and exhibiting there at Organhaus Gallery
- Having my first solo exhibition in London at Creekside
- Production Designing my first feature length film
- I aim to continue producing work, expand my practice and experiment with new ideas and techniques
- I want to travel as much as possible and further expand my audience
Genre & Style
- Abstract figurative
Inspiration & Vision
- Familiar surroundings; objects, rooms, people. Things that conjure emotion in one way or another
- Interesting sculptural forms, relics and artefacts
- Colours schemes, unexpectedly placed together in obscure places/on random objects like signs, fabrics, films
Sales & Trajectory
- Already sold works
Technique & Material
- Oil paint