My name is Richard Ayodeji Ikhide, born in Lagos, Nigeria. I moved to England at the age of 14, then studied art within my A-Levels. I went to Central Saint Martins where I specialised in Print Design. After graduating I found that the textile industry was not for me and I saw my textile work as visual art rather than design. I then went on to study at the Royal Drawing School to re-invent myself as a Fine Artist.
Purchase artwork by Richard Ayodeji Ikhide
Achievements & Goals
- Teaching is one of my biggest achievements so far, as someone who has benefitted from great tutors. I know the impact it can have on an individual's life from first hand experience.
Genre & Style
- My style is figurative, I see the human body as a vessel that can be used to communicate different ideas
Inspiration & Vision
- The past, the future, and that intangible inner aspect of the self
- To be able to continue to develop my practise and break new ground as the years go by
Sales & Trajectory
- I sold several drawings during the "Best of The Drawing Year" show at Christie's
- Self-financed through teaching and a warehouse job
Technique & Material
- At the moment I am using watercolours, oil pastels and acrylic ink