I was originally trained as a fine art photographer, but have been focussing more on painting and drawing in recent years. I live and work in Amsterdam. I am very dedicated to my work, so I pretty much work all the time. If I'm not doing any commercial photography projects or travelling to take portraits, I paint. I mostly work in series with a specific theme.
Purchase artwork by Claire Witteveen
Achievements & Goals
- Graduating art school with Summa Cum Laude
- I'm proud every time I sell a painting
- To show at the Venice biennale
- Making art for no other reason than exploring and creating without financial or commercial burdens and barriers
Genre & Style
Inspiration & Vision
- Things that all human beings experience, but feel deeply personal when they happen to you. Like deja-vu or heartbreak.
- Music. Any music. Even music I hate.
- Fate vs. chance
Sales & Trajectory
- Already sold works
Technique & Material
- I usually work with ink and watercolour on paper, but have recently started working with oil on canvas also