My work evinces a return to the analysis of the human gesture of mark-making, that has been fundamental to painting throughout history.
By manipulating the surface of the painted canvas support, I promote a gesture as form of expression, allowing painting to address issues of space, form and colour.
Questioning the boundaries between painting and sculpture, I employ insertions of scrunched, pressed and folded canvas. Placed or attached within stretched supports, these are generated from a physical process: the spontaneous movements of my hands, create homogeneous shapes, that differ in proportion of the energy produced considering the structural conditions of the fabric.
Selected Exhibitions & Awards
- 2019: Chelsea Design Week // London
- 2019: The Signature Art Prize Finalists Exhibition // Bankside Hotel - Trinity Art Gallery // London
- 2018: Artpiq Summerhouse Vernissage // Dusseldorf
- 2018: City & Guilds BA Degree Show // City & Guilds of London Art School // London
- 2018: Dimensions // Menier Gallery // London
- 2018: "The Chadwyck-Healey Prize for Painting"
- 2017: City & Guilds Interim Show // Crypt Gallery // London
- 2016: City and Guilds Interim Show // Diorama Arts Centre // London
- 2016: "The Fishmongers Company Menu Cover Design Prize"
- Award winner
- Internationally exhibited
- Represented in top-class private collection
Purchase artwork by Bislacchi
Achievements & Goals
- Having a big studio
- Working between London, New York and Milan
Genre & Style
- Canvas base for several structures
Inspiration & Vision
- Middle age art
- Renaissance art
- 20th century art
Sales & Trajectory
- Sold works in the past
- Self-financed through sales
Technique & Material
- Mixed Media on canvas/wood/paper
- Acrylic pigments, oil bars, oil pastels and spray paint